About our Products
Over the past 5 decades, Theraplay has conducted over 40,000 assessments where a rider gets the chance to take a cycle for a test ride. For many it is their first chance to cycle and for others it is an opportunity to try out bigger and newer models. The experience gained from this service has enabled Theraplay to create tricycles and cycles which can be customised for each individual rider.
Every individual's requirements are unique and because of this Theraplay has designed cycles that are modular, so each rider can select what they want and need to make the experience more enjoyable and rewarding. If the rider's requirements change, it is easy to change the set-up of the cycle, so the rider can maintain their optimal cycling position. The flexibility of this design concept allows Theraplay to maintain lower manufacturing costs which enable us to provide better value to our customers.
Theraplay cycles have been designed with 6 key criteria in mind:
- if the cycling experience is fun for the rider then the rider will want to cycle more often.
- cycling has significant health benefits for the rider
- cyclists with special needs may not be aware of the dangers in cycling so we must always be aware of the safety of the rider and design in enhanced safety features.
- if the cycle looks good, the rider will feel good using it.
- the cycle must be suitable for the environment where it is going to be used
- our cycles will evolve as new ideas are generated and new materials and components become available.
Theraplay was created by a cyclist, his ambition was to make it possible for all children and adults with special needs to be able to cycle or participate in cycling. Age should not be a barrier, as cycling is appropriate for all ages from 2 years onwards.
All Theraplay products are manufactured to last and as a result the riders will probably outgrow the cycle long before it is worn out. As a result, Theraplay has introduced a unique part-exchange scheme which enables riders to trade-up to newer and larger models more easily. This allows the existing cycles to be used as a trade-in, it also allows the opportunity to re-use the support options which are still appropriate to help reduce the cost of the new purchase. No other company in our industry offers this type of scheme.